Enfield Revue 2013- Feb 12th -16th @ The Hamlet Court Hotel
With just under a week to go before the lights shine on the purpose-built stage at the Hamlet Court Hotel, all cast members of Enfield Revue are putting the final touches to this year`s production, which promises to be a night of high entertainment for all the family no matter what age.
This year`s variety show will be staged from 12th-16th February inclusive, at 8pm each night.
This year`s show is choreographed by Corona & Leanor Cosgrave who are no strangers to the stage. While performing in a number of shows and musicals, Corona & Leanor are also members of the Young Generation dance group which performs at Christmas cabaret shows, weddings, fashion shows, and much more. Leanor has traveled the world as lead dancer with Rhythm of the Dance. Both Corona & Leanor have ensured that this year`s chorus line is polished to perfection - so prepare to be dazzled.
Costumes are, once again, in the hands of Jean Keogh, those who have seen previous shows will know costumes have been a strong feature at Revue events.
With cast members coming from Kinnegad, Trim, Longwood, Kilcock, Celbridge, Cavan, Enfield and Johnstownbridge, talent is in abundance and when everyone`s skill is put together to form a show; the result is colourful, vibrant, slick, funny and entertaining.
So if you want all of these and in comfort then get yourself to the Hamlet Court Hotel, Johnstownbridge, Enfield, from 12th - 16th February at 8pm for `Revue-Mania`.
ENFIELD REVUE - SILVER JUBILEE ANNIVERSARY.
It would be amiss of Enfield Revue Society not to give an appreciative mention to the following people who were present with us in their various voluntary capacities at the very first performance of the Revue in 1984. These people are still with us.
- Jimmy Keogh. Our esteemed chairman, who as an accomplished musician not only plays the drums in the orchestra each year, but also plays a significant role in all matters such as rehearsals and music arrangements. Not content with that, his advice and work on prop construction and stage presentation is highly appreciated. Jimmy can be best described as hands on and very much a group participant. Not to be out-done, Jimmy’s wife Jean is the creator of the brilliant and eye catching costumes associated with Revue.
- John Heffernan. In the early years of Revue John participated in choruses and comedy sketches. Not only was this demanding but never so much so as when one act followed another with John appearing in both. There would be a thirty second window between acts and yes he would appear in a different costume. Was this down to precision timing or dressing in layers….our secret! John has worked in all areas of staging and has over the years scripted several comedy sketches in which he performed in.
- Hilary Heffernan Maye. In the very first show Hilary told me that she sold raffle tickets and her only wish was to wear stage costumes and participate on stage. She got her wish and the very next year she was on her way. She is still taking part in Revue twenty three productions later. As well as rearing a young family Hilary finds the time to be part of the Revue committee and works fervently in P.R.
- Mrs. Lena Heffernan. The mother of John and Hilary, Lena is a lovely quiet lady and she is one of the first people the public meet at the admission office. She gives her voluntary services in a demure and calm manner and indeed is a great ambassador for Revue. Thanks Lena for all your work.
- Seamus Murray and John McCloskey. I have mentioned them as a team because each year since the inception of Revue this happy duet can be seen in the vicinity of the front office and admissions doors. They participate on main door and floor supervision and have given great support over the years.
- Brian O Donoghue. Brian has donated his services taking charge of raffle tickets sales. Brian if not present, for the full night, will always manage to arrive at just the critical time when his services are very much appreciated and required. Thanks for all your years Brian.
- Joseph Gallagher. Founded Enfield Revue 1984 and still very happy to be actively involved.
Enfield Revue would never be the success it is today without the talent and commitment from people like the aforementioned and to everybody involved from the early days to the present. Thanks to our appreciative audiences and valued sponsors and to everybody who participated in our shows we hope you enjoyed it.
Continue to enjoy.
Honorary President Enfield Revue Society.
if you have any information on past productions, please email it to us